How can I get priority enrollment for college classes?

A law, called AB 194, gives foster youth and former foster youth priority registration for classes at community colleges, CSUs, and some UCs.  This means that you’ll be able to sign up for classes before most other students!  Ask the academic counselor at your college for information on how to get priority registration.  Most community colleges, CSUs and UCs have staff that are specially trained to work with foster youth as well.    They can help you get priority enrollment as well.  Click here for more information about these programs.

NOTE: You can also often get priority enrollment if you join Extended Opportunity Program and Services (“EOPS”) or if you are eligible for services through Disabled Student Programs and Services (“DSPS”).  Ask your college’s EOPS and DSPS offices about this benefit!