How do I know if I’m on track to graduate high school?

You have a right to request your academic transcript and to speak with your high school counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate. Be certain to check your transcripts and ask questions about the credits you’ll need to graduate.

There are lots of ways to make up credits if you’re behind. Some options include:

  • Taking classes at a community college while a high school student
  • Adult school
  • Online credit recovery
  • Continuation school

Talk to your counselor about credit recovery options. What’s available may differ year to year depending on funding and by district. See Tab A (p. 38) for some options.

NOTE: If your counselor or school administrator suggests that you should check out of your regular high school to go to adult school or community college, think twice about it and click here to get help from Public Counsel.  Generally, you have a right to stay in your regular high school.

Related questions

, ,