What should you do to get extended foster care benefits?

Talk to your social worker and attorney if you would like to continue to receive foster care benefits after you turn 18.  If you are turning 18 soon, contact your attorney now about keeping your case open so you will be able to continue to get benefits after you turn 18. For more information on AB12, go to: www.cafosteringconnections.org.

If you feel that you no longer want to be involved with the Dependency Court or DCFS, you can also ask your judge to close your case.  However, the judge has the ultimate say whether to close your case or keep it open.

NOTE: whether your case is open or closed, if you are eligible, ILP services are available to you until your 21st birthday as long as you participate in ILP and have a current TILP.