Can I see my DCFS records?

Yes.  You have a right to inspect the documents in your DCFS file.  However, in order to receive a copy of any documents in your file, you must first ask the Court for permission.  You also do not have a right to inspect documents in your file that include information about your siblings or other foster children.  This is done to protect the other children’s privacy.  Please talk to your attorney about getting access to your records and case file.  You can also make a request in person at the Clerk’s Office located at the Edmund D. Edelman Children’s Court, 201 Centre Plaza Drive, Juvenile Court Services, Room #2700, Monterey Park, CA 91754, or call (323) 526-6645.