Are there any programs that can help me when I transition out if I have a disability?

Yes! The Department of Rehabilitation assists people with disabilities to get jobs.  Go to to find the location of the nearest Department of Rehabilitation. In order to apply for services and to see if you’re eligible, visit:

If you need help accessing services or understanding if you qualify, you can contact Disability Rights California’s Client Assistant Program (CAP) at 800-776-5746.

You may qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).   If you qualify for SSI because you have a physical or mental disability, you will receive a check each month from the government to help you pay for your living expenses.  You will continue to be eligible for additional help, like scholarships, job training, and ILP services, without affecting your SSI eligibility.

, ,